I have always been huge into animations of all kinds. It has been a lifelong passion of mine. Even watching those old Disney movies was something that I loved to do.
Later in life, I started reading comic books for entertainment. The point is that I was always into the animated stuff way more, as opposed to real people.
Something about the fact that people create their own words and characters appealed to me, something that I always wanted to do myself.
When I got older, I realized that I could take arts and graphic design classes to further my skills.
Now I am at that point where I am quite skillful regarding graphic design and am working on my very own comic book.
The problem is that I have not always had the right tools to get the job done. Computers are excellent, but that mouse is so tedious to use, and it just is not accurate at all.
That is why I wanted to get a graphic design tablet, one that would provide me with all the resources I need to finally finish the first copy of my very own comic book.
Since there are so many different options out there, it did take me entirely a while to find the right graphic design tablet, but I eventually found a good one.
The tablet I am talking about is the Huion New 1060 Plus Graphic Drawing Tablet. Today I want to do a little mini review on the Huion 1060 Plus graphics drawing tablet and tell you exactly why I like it as much as I do.
It is one of the more advanced drawing graphic design tablets out there, something which suits my advanced skill level.
The Huion New 1060 Plus Graphic Drawing Tablet is an excellent tablet, and it comes with a multitude of advanced features that anybody like me can appreciate.
Let’s take a closer look at this particular graphic design tablet to see what it is all about.
- Excellent pen with up to 450 hours of life after a single charge
- Pen comes with 8192 pressure levels for really precise work
- Pen has several customizable keys on it
- Pen carrier and charger come included
- Has a fluid report rate of 233 RPS
- Awesome resolution of 5080 LPI
- Has 12 different express keys – customizable
- Has 16 function keys – customizable
- Has a very large 10 x 6.25 inch working area
- Easy to connect micro USB port
- Comes with a built-in 8 GB SD card for memory storage
- Memory is expandable up to 64 BG for even more storage space
- Compatible with any OS above Windows 7 or Mac 10.11
- Compatible with most modern drawing and design software
- Very thin and lightweight
- An extremely extended lasting pen battery – does not take long to charge
- High level of pressure sensitivity
- Great image resolution
- Provides for really smooth and fluid drawing
- Lightweight, compact, portable, and easy to store
- Ample working space for big projects and a high level of precision
- Lots of customizable keys for quick actions
- Compatible with most operating systems and drawing software
- Lots of memory space with the option to expand further
- Some of the shortcut keys don’t work too well
- Pen pressure adjustments are a little wonky at times
- Has trouble working with older versions of Windows
I do have to say that I really like the Huion New 1060 Plus Graphic Drawing Tablet. It is one of the better tablets I have had up until this point.
I did say that I was a more advanced graphic designer, so I have worked my way through several other graphic design tablets.
While this one was not actually particular expensive, it is one of the more advanced, useful, and functional ones that I have had so far.
Its performance is one of the best I have seen since my interest in these graphics tablets started. One of my absolute favorite parts about it is that the pen has incredible battery life.
The rechargeable battery comes included, which means I don’t have to buy any. Also, charging the pen entirely only takes 2 hours, but can then last for up to 450 consecutive hours of drawing.
The fact that the battery life is so good helps move things along. Moreover, coming with over 8,000 pressure levels helps me repeatedly make some exact lines and drawings.
Memory Capacity is Important
Some people have complained about the pressure sensitivity, but I have not had any issues with this whatsoever.
Furthermore, the response rate of 233 RPS is something about the Huion 1060 PLUS Graphics Drawing Pen Tablet that I like.
The response rate allows me to create smooth lines with high fluidity. There is no lag from the tablet to my computer screen at all.
There are more top quality tablets to choose from, take a look at our Top 5 Drawing Tablets for Beginners here.
Perhaps one of my favorite aspects of the Huion 1060 PLUS Graphics Drawing Pen Tablet is that it comes with the capability to hold so much information.
Most other graphics tablets I have bought can only contain a few MB of data or none at all. However, this one can automatically hold 8 GB of data, plus it can expand to 64 GB.
In other words, I can store everything I need on this tablet and always have it with me, no matter where I go.
On that same note, the Huion 1060 PLUS Graphics Drawing Pen Tablet is very lightweight and easy to transport, yet another bonus I like. If you’re looking for a similar tablet, read about the Huion H610 Pro Graphic Drawing Tablet.
As is always the case, please remember that these are my own opinions and preferences, but I have been doing graphic design with tablets for quite a while, so I do have a pretty good idea of what these tablets need to entail.
At any rate, I think that the Huion New 1060 Plus Graphic Drawing Tablet is currently one of the best options out there.
Huiontablet.com, Huion Tablet’s Home Page. Retrieved on 4/16/2018.
GraphicsTabletGuru.com, Huion 1060PLUS Review – Revolutionary or Gimmicky?. Retrieved on 4/16/2018.
ParkaBlogs.com, Review: New Huion 1060 Plus Graphics Tablet with built-in 8 GB Memory. Retrieved on 4/16/2018.
Art’s Art Reviews.com, NEW Huion 1060 PLUS Review. Retrieved on 4/16/2018.