Working on my computer to do artwork like graphic design, drawing, painting, and other such things just do not work too well.
The computer is pretty big, it’s bulky, and the functions on it are fairly limited.
There is also the fact that using a mouse to draw things just does not work that well.
I have always really been into drawing, graphic design, painting, and all kinds of art.
We do live in a really technology-driven world nowadays, which there is absolutely nothing wrong with.
The right technology can help make any job easier, and that includes drawing and art of all kinds.
I knew that I wanted to continue designing graphic novels, cartoons, comics, and other such things.
However, I also knew that doing so on paper with a normal pen just was not going to cut muster anymore.
It was clear that I needed to start taking advantage of the advanced technology that was at my disposal.
As I said, I am no stranger to tech and I realize that the right piece of technology can make all of the difference.
I was at first a little stubborn to give up my manual drawing tools, but I did also realize that there was just no other way.
For this reason, I started looking at the graphic design and artwork tablets that I could use at home to work on my various creations.
Now, that being said, finding a good graphic design and art tablet is much easier said than done.
There are way too many options out there; it literally made my head spin, not to mention that at first, I had no idea what I was looking for.
However, I then came across the XP Pen Star G640 Drawing Tablet and my artistic life to an upswing.
Today I want to review this XP-Pen StarG640 OSU Ultrathin Graphics Tablet Drawing Tablet and tell you why I’m happy with this gadget.
The XP-Pen StarG640 OSU Ultrathin Graphics Tablet Drawing Tablet comes with quite a few neat features that are worth talking about, so let’s do that right now.
In my opinion, for the very low price which this tablet comes in at, it is a total steal.
- The pen is suitable for left and right-handed use
- The quick toggle allows you to switch between eraser and pen
- Only 2 mm thick – extremely portable and lightweight
- 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity for amazing control
- An active area of 6 x 4 inches
- Cordless battery-free stylus for ease of use
- The pen comes with 20 replacement nibs for long-term use
- 266 RPS for quick, easy, and smooth lines
- Does not require drivers to be installed
- Works with Windows 7, 8, 10, and Mac 10.7 (or above)
- The accuracy of ± 0.01 inches
- Resolution of 5080 lines per inch
- Comes with a pen clipper
- No need to replace the pen’s batteries
- The pen comes with a convenient holding clip
- The pen comes with many replacement nibs
- Extremely accurate drawing thanks to many pressure levels
- A high RPS allows for very fast drawing and sketching
- Really good resolution
- Awesome fluidity and precision
- Large work surface is quite convenient
- Easy to take with you on the go thanks to its small size
- One click toggle for the quick pen to eraser changes
- Works with both Mac and PC
- Does not feature any quick keys
- No control buttons on the tablet
- Fairly fragile – not much impact or crack resistance
The Friendly Drawing Tablet
All in all, I have to say that I am a pretty big fan of the XP Pen StarG 640 OSU Ultrathin Graphics Tablet Drawing Tablet.
It has provided me with one of the most technologically advanced drawing experiences of my life.
Sure, it might be a little different than pen and paper, but it is graphic design after all.
When it comes down to it, this tablet helped me make a really smooth transition from the physical world to the digital world.
One of the things that I do really like about the XP Pen Star G640 OSU Ultrathin Graphics Tablet Drawing Tablet is the pen itself.
The pen does not need any batteries whatsoever, which means that it never dies, and I don’t have to worry about always having spare batteries on hand, a problem from which many other tablets suffer.
At the same time, the pen can be used by both left- and right-handed people, something which my left-handed girlfriend really seems to like.
Also, the fact that you can quickly change from the pen to the eraser with the touch of a button is really convenient too.
Now I don’t even have to turn the pen around to get rid of mistakes that I don’t like.
While I am not a huge fan of the fact that the tablet itself does not have any quick keys or control buttons, there are other features which make up for this.
I do like how the XP-Pen StarG640 OSU Ultrathin Graphics Tablet Drawing Tablet has a high LPI resolution and a fairly high report rate.
This means that I can make changes and create things quickly with fluid lines that look really nice.
Accuracy is definitely a big selling factor when it comes to this particular graphic design tablet.
Something else I personally like about the XP Pen StarG640 OSU Ultrathin Tablet is that it is fairly lightweight and extremely thin.
It makes the tablet easy to store and barely noticeable when I carry it around.
It might be a little fragile because of how thin it is, but I am using this as a graphic design tablet, not a Frisbee.
This tablet seems to work well on both my Mac and PC setups, which is also a pretty big bonus.
For the fairly low price which the XP Pen Graphics Tablet Drawing Tablet comes in at, I really could not be any happier with it.
Do keep in mind that these are my own opinions and preferences, but you might think the same way as I do.