Wacom is a leading provider of professional-level solutions for digital artists, designers, and photographers worldwide.
The Wacom Cintiq 22HD Pen Display, Black (DTK2200) offers creatives everything they need to sketch, paint, design, and edit at industry standard.
The large 21.5″ display features a wide format, full HD resolution and extra wide viewing angle, as well as rendering 16.7 million colors and offering plenty of room to edit, design, and create.
The Wacom Cintiq 22HD Pen Display uses Wacom’s most advanced pen technology to create incredibly sensitive pen pressure and tilt recognition.
The pen tablet allows artists to replicate the effects of conventional tools, such as brushes and markers, in the most realistic way possible.
The Wacom Cintiq 22HD also features ExpressKeys and a scroll ring to provide artists with time-saving shortcuts that are fully customizable to each individual’s required functions.
With an adjustable display that freely rotates up to 180 degrees for an ergonomic workspace, the Wacom Cintiq 22D works like an easel – allowing artists to find their favorite and most comfortable working position.
It accommodates natural drawing
- 5-inch HD (1920×1080) display 21.5″ with 16.7 million colors and wide-view format
- Advanced Grip Pen Sensitivity – recognizes 2,048 levels of pen pressure with tilt-recognition
- 16 time-saving, customizable ExpressKeys
- Rear-mounted, finger-sensitive Touch Strips and Touch Strip toggle buttons
- Reclining, rotating display
- Large 21.5-inch HD display with widescreen format suits range of creative work, including animation, illustration, photography, design, and motion graphics
- Comfortable Grip Pen recognizes 2,048 levels of pen pressure, helping to create natural, subtle artistic details. Professional-grade Tip Sensor captures even the subtlest appliance of pressure, also recognizing tilt angle
- 16 programmable ExpressKeys for application-specific keyboard shortcuts and modifiers allow designers to customize the pen tablet for their specific needs.
- Touch Strips and Touch Strip Toggle Buttons enable artists to take control of up to four functions
- Easel-like display stand allows designers to find their most comfortable working position, or rotate up to 180-degrees in either direction to accommodate natural drawing movements
Things to be Aware Of
- Expensive, professional-only pen tablet. Not a first-time buy
Artists, designers, photographers, and illustrators around the world have all felt the benefits of working on one of Wacom’s technology-advanced pen tablets, which is why they are one of the most respected and well-known brands in the industry.
The Wacom Cintiq 22HD is an incredibly good buy for anyone who wants to create the highest quality, most professional digital work.
The Wacom Cintiq 22HD also comes with a pen stand, 10 replacement nibs and a nib-removal tool, as well as a DVI-I to DVI-D cable adapter, a USB cable, an AC power adapter, a power cable, a quick-start guide and manual, plus an installation CD and software download key.
The Wacom Cintiq 22HD Pen Display, Black (DTK2200) is one of Wacom’s most popular, professional-level pen tablets, but before you rush out to buy one for yourself, it’s important to compare what this pen tablet can offer you above other, similar products on the market.
The Wacom Cintiq 22HD comes with a high-end price-tag and, while there aren’t many pen tablets of this standard or cost around, there are two others that are worth comparing in order to make an informed decision before you purchase the Wacom Cintiq.
These are the Parblo Coast22 21.5 Inch Digital Graphics Tablet Pen Display Drawing Monitor and the Ugee 2150 Graphics Tablet Digital Pen Drawing Monitor IPS Screen 21.5 Inches.
At this type of price point, no matter what brand you choose, you are going to expect the very best in digital art and design creation. Each of the three pen tablets have professional-standard features so what is it that makes the Wacom Cintiq 22HD shine out above the other two?
Both the Parblo Coast22 and the Ugee 2150 Graphics Tablet are the same size as the Wacom Cintiq 22HD, but neither can match the beautiful resolution, color-standard or clarity of the Wacom Cintiq, or offer the extra wide viewing angle.
Catch a view of our most popular tablets here by seeing our Top 5 Drawing Tablets for Beginners chart.
While the Wacom Cintiq 22HD offers a fully flexible display stand that can also rotate freely in either direction, the Parblo Coast22 and the Ugee 2150 Graphics Tablet displays can only be moved up or down, meaning that the Wacom Cintiq provides a much greater level of flexibility for a more comfortable, natural drawing experience.
The Parblo Coast22 and the Ugee 2150 Graphics Tablet both also lack one of the Wacom Cintiq 22HD’s most time-saving and productivity-increasing features – ExpressKeys. The Wacom has 16 fully customizable ExpressKeys, which allow artists and designers to quickly access the functions they need the most with the touch of a finger.
If you’re looking for a touch interactive experience, check out the Wacom Cintiq 22HD Touch Interactive Pen Display (DTH2200) Review. The Wacom Cintiq 22HD might be the most expensive of the three but it is, by far, the superior product.
Either the Parblo Coast22 and the Ugee 2150 Graphics Tablet would be great purchases for someone who is just getting started in the professional industry or who are upgrading from a smaller pen tablet, but for designers, artists, illustrators, or animators that a looking to achieve the very best quality of digital work, the Wacom Cintiq 22HD Pen Display is guaranteed to impress.
[Edited to add: This drawing tablet is compatible with Windows 10. You need to visit the Wacom website and download the latest drivers available.]
Wacom.com, Wacom’s Home Page. Retrieved on 4/3/2018.
ParkaBlogs.com, Review: Wacom Cintiq 22HD Pen Display Tablet. Retrieved on 4/3/2018.
CGChannel.com, Review: Wacom Cintiq 22HD pen display. Retrieved on 4/3/2018.